Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sysadmin Quotes

So I'm waiting around after hours here at BFC, because we've got a bad 4mm DAT drive attached to the file server in our lab, and the daily and weekly backups are therefore suspect. Also the disk drives are making that sound which says, "I'm a happy drive. I'm a cheerful drive. I'm smiling at you because I'm grinding my spindles into microscopic dust and there's not a single thing you can do about it. I'm going to fail. I'm going to do it soon. Or later. I'm not telling. Probably soon, because I've been chatting with the DAT drive two hops up the SCSI chain, and he tells me that he's been ill, so if I fail *now*, you'll have no recent backups. That's why I'm happy. I'm in control. I want a goat. And candles. Black ones. Pray, human. Pray that I'm in a good mood. PRAY, DAMMIT, ON YOUR KNEES, YOU LIMACEOUS BIT OF MEATWARE!"

I digress.

Carl Jacobs