Friday, March 14, 2008

Sysadmin Quotes

Sysadmin Quotes

I'm sorry, but comfortable is the last thing I want in my server room. I want it unbearably cold, and noisy. I want items scattered dangerously around the floor. I want random floor tiles to be missing. I want a very old sandwich of undetermined origin sitting half-eaten in the corner. I want the first thought of any person that enters my server room to be "Dear $DEITY, I must get out of this place IMMEDIATELY!" -- Mike Sphar

Imperial Star Destroyers? with Serial ports? -- Siggi B

What else did R2D2 plug himself into? -- rleach

The central vacuum cleaner system. Even 'droids need a little thread-that-shall-not-be-named from time to time. -- Joel Herda

"I have cut another $20,000 from the project. Instead of using ISDN PRIs, Cisco routers and the PM3, we will now use empty soup cans and string to communicate. At a later time I propose we upgrade to long flexible tubing so that we may shout our requests to eachother. We will hire a temp from a staffing agency to act as a 'repeater'. When the distance exceeds a usable signal, she/he will write down our requests and re-yell them to the recipient." -- Matt Lammers